Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pyramids of Giza & The Sphinx





We have finally arrived at the Pyramids in spite of the bad traffic, and what a sight they are. The city of Cairo is almost built right up to them, so it seems strange that they are not out in the desert. First they are amazing to realize that they are 5000 years old. We saw the Great Pyramid of Cheops which was one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. Judy had the fortitude to go into the one of the pyramids. She had to go thru a four ft tall small tunnel and go down fifty steps bending over, then 50 steps up to see a burial room. She is still sore from the bending over. Me, I was the smart one; I stayed outside and took pictures. Too soon we left the pyramids and went over to the Sphinx, now that was really amazing, something we will both remember. Judy earlier in the day had leaned over to me, and said pinch me, I want to make sure I am really here. Next, the Egyptian Museum.

No comments: